Friday, July 18, 2008

Teaching the Theory of Evolution

I'm not going to debate the whether or not creationism or evolution is true. We all know that micro-evolution is true because flu viruses mutate, and yet they still are flu viruses. They have not changed species. The true evidence for creationism or evolution is based on belief. When fossils are dated based on the layers of rock they reside in, yet the rocks are dated based on the fossils residing in them, then "yes" evolution is a belief.

The real debate we need to tackle in government is the treatment of all people involved. I am a creationist, and that is my belief. I certainly do not want the evolutionists force feeding me doctrine as fact without me having a choice whether or not I want to hear it. I do not want to think of certain evolutionists as using tactics similar to a particular infamous government that existed in the 1930's to 1940's, but there are similarities. Likewise, in defence of the evolutionists, they really don't want to hear any religious preaching. It goes against their beliefs. We should not force feed them our doctrine.

The solution is to present both points as theory. Whether or not I believe one or the other as fact is my choice and the choice of all people worldwide. Denying people this choice is wrong and dehumanizing.

If you are interested in knowing more about my views on creationism then please go to AnswersInGenesis.org. There are many more articles than the one I have cited.

No comments: